Re: Questions, Questions... (fwd)

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 3/24/01 6:44:28 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:
Snip====

> Can't find transformer oil?  Join the club.  I've
> gotten excellent results with drug store mineral oil,
> though it's a bit steep at $1.66 per pint.  I've
> gotten equally good results with non-detergent motor
> oil and farm tractor hydraulic fluid.  The latter is
> available from SAM'S Club stores for $13 per 5 gal
> bucket.  I'm using 10 gallons of it in my 5KVA pole
> transformer with no problems.

Snip===
If you want mineral oil, it is sold in feed and garden-type stores in gallon
jugs for quite a bit less than drugstore grade ~$7.00/gallon here in W.Va.
It's used as both an animal laxative and as a solvent for many pesticides
(biocides). In a bigger farm state it's probably available in 5 gallon
buckets for even less.

Matt D.