Neon xmf

Original poster: "default by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <moya-at-primus.ca>

I de-tared my first neon xmf - And paid careful attention to the clips
on the ceramic terminal - However I should of cut the lead first but I
did not - "Yep I pulled the HV lead out of the coil" (my fault)... - So
now I have to attach a new lead - What I have decided is to give up 3/4
of the last turn on each secondary and carefully split the insulating
paper to expose the windings - Success!! -  I have tucked a 12# stranded
(spread out to cover the hole width of the winding) - I have taped and
hot glued the the wire in place but would like know if there is any
other method that might be more rigid then tape

I tried to solder my new lead but no success (I guess not the wire is
coated but that occurred to my after the fact) - Then I tried epoxy
looked good seemed rigid but did not work

So as it is my xmf (12kv 30 ma w/ 05 shunts removed) is back together
and working but if there is an alternative means of connecting a new
lead that is more rigid, then I will pursue it.

Thanks (for feed back)

Tom