Re: Big Saltwater Cap

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

The servere flicker is an artifact of the animated GIF
production process.  That's the spark gap you're
seeing, not the cap. The GIF is assembled from several
still frames captured from a camcorder.  Given the
60Hz pulsing of the MOT, the camcorder shutter
captured the gap firing sometimes, and not firing
others.  Full motion video from the same coil doesn't
show the flicker.

Greg