Re: Tesla Coil Blunders

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

Hi Gary,all,
    At the risk of sounding pedantic I don't think you can have "DC
inductance". I think
inductance is usually measured at something like one Khz. It is on my
bridge anyway. Please feel
free to flame away if I have got this wrong. I have found that the "fudge
factor" on  the tuning
of my big coil is about 10 per cent lower than the calculated figure, and
also from measuring it
using  Johns scope s.g and counter method.  It was a bit closer with the
spectrum analyser,but
still lower. When I get this 30" sphere  i should be able to run at full
power without any
breakout. I will check the res freq with the spectrum analyser and report back.

cheers
bob golding