Re: Useful work and fun with Tesla apparatus.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Malcolm, All ,   What would you suggest as a starting point for a filter
resonant at gap fire frequency at the receiving end for a remotely fired
Tesla receiver. What kind of filter could this be?  Should it be an
adjustable filter?  We use a ferrite rod inside the separate tuning coil
now, but it seems to not make a great difference.  And where should this
'tuning' coil be placed in the circuit?  Should it be installed in the
remote primary where the ferrite based coil is now(where the spark gap of
the primary sending coil would be as a reference)?  We are using a 7
point R.Q. copper fitting(Consisting of eight 3/4 inch copper couplings)
gap at this time on the sending coil, with the thickness of a postcard
(more or less)between them.  I can supply our existing coil specs(winding
wire size and coil diameter and length) if you need them, but I am not
good at the math.  Also, I am puzzled that we cannot get a small A.C. fan
motor to operate, try as we might, what could we be missing here with our
attempt to run an A.C. small refrigerator motor, the kind with the copper
ring run across the laminations.     Al.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.