Re: Repost RE: Explain 3 Phase

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

tom, all
(snip)

> Hall effect?  I was wondering if any one has experimented with controling a
> primary with a Hall effect swtich, hehe being an ultra newbie coiler I am
> prob not the one to try :)

i think the hall switching might just be up the triggered spark gaps
alley? i can't imagine what effect switching the trigger pulse off as
soon as the primary energizes, but for initial thoughts on it maybe a
delay could be used to adjust the beat time into something interesting?
am i wrong in thinking that if left to it's own demise, using the hall
sensor to switch the spark gap off as soon as it energizes the coil
would find it's own harmonic (so to speak)?
interesting thoughts, not sure if it would do anything important or if
it will even generate a reply from the list, but it got me thinking.
marc