Re: Xfrmr shunt theory

Hi Peter,

Shunts are usually made of many metal plates and you can easily take a few
plates out.  So #1 is by far the best.  Air gaps have a very extreme effect
and it would be very hard to adjust NSTs with air gaps.  Definitely #1 is
best.  Some current limited transformers meant for very low current do use
air gaps but those are very carefully made.  A little filing in such a case
may do the trick.  However, almost all NSTs will use plates and not air gaps.

Cheers,

	Terry