Re: Xfrmr shunt theory

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> (another Q, has anyone ever tryed to "increase" the
> shuntage in a MOT to
> lower the current and make it usable with a static
> gap?)

Not that I'm aware of, but it's a pretty clever idea.
I might have to give that one a try.

Un-modified MOTs can use static gap, as long as it is
engineered to handle the excessive current & you don't
mind running on 240vac all the time.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg