Re: ....on the nature of patents... ...and recognition...

Original poster: "davep by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <davep-at-quik-dot-com>

> It's amusing that the "patents are irrelevant" crowd immediately decries
> the validity of this device without ever indicating they even went to the
> patent link,

	Since its my subject referenced....
	I did not 'decry the patent'.
	I pointed out that existence of patents do not indicate
	that a thing works, or, as a separate matter is practical.

	As to the history of invention, indeed, many things were
	sought after for centuries, and success achieved.  And many
	were sought after that could not be achieved, the effort lost,
	and humanity lacks the benefits of whatever might have been
	achieved had the efforts been otherwise directed.

	best
	dwp