Re: Multiwound coil possibilities for Earth Resonance

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Ed P., Bill W., Harvey N., All
question for you and\or all

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>
> >
> > --- Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
> > > Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz
> > > <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <wysock-at-ttr-dot-com>
> > >
> > > Hello Bert, and all.
> > >
> > > I respect your question you asked below.  I submit
> > > that the key
> > > to this "riddle" is impedance matching.  Both the
> > > transmit and
> > > receive sites must be impedance matched for the
> > > conditions under
> > > which they are operated.  Consider the surface area
> > > of the Earth,
> > > and that of the Ionosphere.  Tesla's (earlier)
> > > patents describe a
> > > return circuit using the Ionosphere, and pumping
> > > electrical current
> > > (into) the "ground".  The problem is, how to get a
> > > good connection
> > > to the Ionosphere, and the ground.  While all of us
> > > agree that the
> > > surface (even below "ground level") may be
> > > considered to be a very
> > > "lossy" medium, non-the-less, if you consider the
> > > surface area of
> > > the "globe" we all live on, and if you were to
> > > design an oscillator
> > > that would have the required values of "L" and "C",
> > > to resonate
> > > this Earth-Ionosphere capacitor, you would first
> > > have to match
> > > the native impedance of this circuit, in order to
> > > have any energy
> > > transfer at all, from the "transmitter" to the
> > > "receiver".
> > Can you describe this "native impedance"?
> > If we assume a resonant ciruit of 12 hz to be a earth
> > resonant circuit would this be the same thing as
> > matching the impedance by assembling those appropriate
> > L and C quantities to resonate?
> >
> > What that conclusion in itself shows by mathematics
> > that these are improbable L and C quantities to begin
> > with. Suppose for example a fiber size drum of 14
> > gauge wire -at- 20 mh were this earth antennna. what
> > would the capacity to resonate at 12 hz be? About an
> > astounding 8800 uf! So such as resonant coil would
> > more likely be a huge inductance so that a smaller
> > capacity can be used for that resonance.
>
>         The capacitance of an isolated sphere of the size of the earth is of
> the order of 400 microfarads.  The capacitance between the two
> concentric spheres represented by the earth and the ionosphere will be
> somewhat greater.

could you tell what would the impedance of the earth be? if this 400uf
is correct then could we find the impedance by taking the suggested 400
micro farads and using a resonance of 12hz (as harvey suggested)? or
31hz.
what impedance would be needed for say: 42.8khz?
is there any other way to accurately find the capacitance of the earth,
mechanically or physically?
would the capacitance value change at different heights above sea level,
1000' above SL, 2000' above SL.

building on the statements that bill wysock gives about tests that have
been done, i would think that in order to do any testing on our own, we
would need to know this information (C of the planet and L of the
planet) so if anyone has a lead or some info to build on Ed's 400uf, it
would be nice to start a database.