Re: X-ray film capacitors

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

Jim and all,

Per the folks at Kodak at:
http://www.kpgraphics-dot-com/TLC/basics/film.html

Estar = Kodak's brand name for polyester film = makes for poor TC caps

-- Bert --
--
Bert Hickman
Stoneridge Engineering

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Jim DeLillo by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimdel-at-bellatlantic-dot-net>

>         If the film is unprocessed it contains silver halides
>         If the film is processed it contains metallic silver grains in the
> exposed areas
>         If the film is unprocessed, then processing an unexposed film will
> result in no silver.
>         If you do not want to fully process the unexposed film a solution of
> sodium  hyposulfate(photo fixer) will remove the unexposed silver.
>         If you want to remove the unexposed emulsion entirely, then a
household
> bleach will
>         strip it off quite easily.
>
> Typically the film is made from Estar (I do not know its dielectric
> properties) in about 7 mil thickness
>
> << Jim >>
>
> Tesla list wrote:
> >
> > Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
> <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> >
> > >Original poster: "Fred Bultman by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"