transformers

Original poster: "howard keiper by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <keip-at-pacbell-dot-net>

All..
I see a lot of discussion about using NSTs, with or without shunts. Has
anyone (besides me) used the 12 KV, 120ma xfmrs?  They're current
limited as well as their little siblings. They're available through many
electrical sign supply houses...new and used.
Another matter is the "Bombarder" transformer. These are different
brutes alltogether. They're definitely not current limited in any way,
and are available in 7.5, 10, & 12 KVA -at- 15KV. What makes them
attractive is that they're often designed to "open Frame" technology;
that is, encapsulated, but not enclosed. Check neon sign supply folks
for these too.
hk