RE: transformers

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi paul

I forgot to comment on current. Once you have ballast the transformer to a
good working level, start an arc and measure the current draw from the
service mains. Multiply the primary voltage with the current from the
service mains, and then divide this by the seconday voltage. This will give
the secondary current in ampere. Then multiply this by 1000 to get the
seconday current in milliampere (MA). The KVA of this transformer is
whatever you want, as long as the transformer can run cool for an extended
period of time.

Gofrey Loudner