A question of current...

Original poster: "Alan Sharp by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <AlanSharp-at-compuserve-dot-com>

Jason

> How are you gonna run piggy transformers,
>or ones that are over 3250VA? Just wondering...

You just replace the 13A fuse with a large nail :)

Seriously we will be using 3 mains plugs to connect the 50A ring into
a triple variac probably with current sharing chokes.
(this is what we did last year)
There is also a switch box in the hall that used to be used for
the stage lighting - if its on the same phase then we will use that
as well for an extra 40A.

Of course we can elimate the need for pole pigs all together
there is a pylon at the top of the street - if you could bring a kite
and long wire....... is there a B Franklin on the list?

Alan Sharp

home page
http://ourworld-dot-compuserve-dot-com/homepages/alansharp/
UK Teslathon Corby 2001
details of my new solid state coil
Construction of large toriods.
details of the Frankenstien coil

Details of the big pair arrangement at

 http://www.staff.ncl.ac.uk/r.e.burnett/ateam.htm
(Make sure your PC speakers are on !)

Message text written by INTERNET:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi all,
I had a look at alan sharps home page and I noticed that there are only 13A
wall sockets at St Ninans in Corby. How are you gonna run piggy
transformers,
or ones that are over 3250VA? Just wondering...

Regards,
Jason
<