Revived NST

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <A123X-at-aol-dot-com>

Well I decided to try my unpotted jefferson electric 15/60, even though I
didn't fully clean it with solvent like I'm doing with my 15/30. It
works(sorta). One side works fine, but the other has a problem. The side
thats messed up has 2 spots on the outer winding that sorta have a semi
bright yellow glow(only when there is an arc from the output to core). Smoke
comes from those spots. Those spots are also areas where I damaged the
windings some(not too badly, there are a few broken wire ends). Is there any
way to remedy this? Perhaps do the solvent soak and then try and get rid of
the broken layers? I'd be willing to take off up to 1Kv , then maybe
supplement it with more current.

Mark