Re: getting started

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Dave,

A good starting point is with the Tesla books by John Couture:
couturejh-at-worldnet.att-dot-net

Other Tesla books are available from Lindsay Publishers in Bradley, Illinois.
John's books will start you out in Tesla theory and show you plans for
building coils of
various powers. Read all you can on electrical theory and read the Tesla
archives.
When you build your first coil start out very small. We all make errors, I
should know,
and by starting small the errors you make will not be costly and they
probably will not be lethal.
Think safety at all times; even a small Tesla coil can be deadly.
Ask plenty of questions, you will find the people on the Tesla list always
willing
 to help.

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman