Re: The Sigma-6 Coil

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Chris,

The size of the coil I'm not real sure about (thinking along the lines of
Chuck Corrans big coil), but for
transportability, I think it would be a good idea to avoid a semi being
required to move it (should it be
that big) by making it modular. Divide the secondary into something like 4
sections which can be stacked for
the finished coil. I was thinking along the lines that if a pvc or some
type of plastic form is used, the top
edge can have a hole drilled to insert a singular socket connector. On the
bottom of the next coil, a pin for
the connector can be mounted which when stacked, inserts into the socket.
Obviously, there should be some
plastic dowels and holding holes for alignment and to keep it sturdy.
Probably a lot of ideas here, but the
idea is to come up with a modular design.

Just a thought (it's what I would do for a big coil - insulation at each
connection should not be problem -
the mechanics of stability would be of greatest concern in design),

Take care,
Bart A.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>