RE: Small number of turns in primary

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Bob

Who is Finkelstein? Is there a paper by Finkelstein we can study? That
coupling coefficient of 0.6 is really high! I don't think that all the cap
energy was put into the secondary as that would require k = 1. Please give
us more details of Jay's construction. I would like to attempt this on a
smaller scale. That static gap sounds very efficient, but I could not
duplicate it on my own. Also litz wire is really expensive. I would hope one
could get along without that special gap and the litz wire. It seems that
the idea of such a coil would be in some special geometry of the primary and
secondary. Please send details.

Godfrey Loudner