RE: H bridge RSG

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi

To see the design of a really good MOT powered tesla coil, go to
http://www.saunalahti.fi/dncmrc/technical.html . I understand that Marco's
coil has been run again and again without problems. Usually the main
problems with MOT powered coil are quenching at the spark gap and tripping
service main breakers. Marco's coil uses European style MOTs which use 240V
primary voltage which results in less current draw. His use of a rotary
spark gap helps to control current flow at the gap. I'm not sure just why
Marco's coil works so well, but he did something that was absolutely
correct. You should seriously study his design.

Godfrey Loudner