Re: E-Tesla 6.11 strange prediction

Hi Matt,

E-Tesla6 does a lot of rounding and scale fitting to improve accuracy with
lower grid sizes.  In other words, it "jiggles" the data a bit to give the
best results.  However, that causes some little discontinuities in tests
like you are doing here.  If the program did not do this, there would be
far greater error.  I ran a diagnostic plot just to check for basic
dimensions and such and all seemed fine:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/MattD1.gif

The only way around this is to uses a higher grid size (longer time...) or
take the data you have and draw a smoother curve through it.  The rough
error here is about 4% which is a bit higher than I would expect.  It
really is also possible that there is some "real" discontinuity too, but I
sort of doubt it here since the data seems so well behaved otherwise.  I
ran your data that you gave with a 200 grid size and got the following:

C=22.23451 F=287737.94

With a 400 grid size (it is raining here too :-)):

C=22.30953  F=287253.72

It would be especially interesting to compare this data to your actual
measurements!

Cheers,

	Terry