Re: Receiver coil

Original poster: "albert hassick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <uncadoc-at-juno-dot-com>

Hi Kelek.  We have ran small dc motors and caused incandescent lamps to
illuminate using the power of modified neons at 15kv in our Tesla at distances
of better than 20 feet.  The receiver coil is a duplicate of the sending coil.
We have also tried varying the receiver coil by using unequal coils as a
receiver.  Both coils worked, and it seemed to be that you need to really fine
tune your receiver primary coil with an auxiliary tuning coil to really get any
kind of results.  Its kind of like tuning in a really distant radio station
that you want to listen to.  The auxiliary coil at the end of the receiving
primary was fine tuned with a ferrite core raised and lowered in its center and
acts just like a radio receiver. In actuality, you are using the remote primary
without a spark gap, in its place you use an adjustable coil to fine tune to
the radiated frequency, at least, this is what works for us. But from your post
it seems you have at least twice the amount of power available that we do.  You
have 15 foot arcs and the best we can do is between 7 to 8 feet,  therefore,
you should be more than ready to attempt Tesla's wireless power mode.  And
perhaps, if more list members would concentrate on the Tesla wireless system,
then maybe we could finally figure out what Tesla took to the grave with him.
Anyway, I know of no better platform  to search for wireless power than the
members of the Tesla list.  Can we do it?  Lets unite!  Al.

On Thu, 17 May 2001 18:30:50 -0600 "Tesla list"
<<mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original poster: "kelek stevenson by way of Terry Fritz
> <<mailto:twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<<mailto:kkelekk-at-yahoo-dot-com>kkelekk-at-yahoo-dot-com>