Re: will primary interfere with blower motor?

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bill Vanyo by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<vanyo-at-echoes-dot-net>

> Just wondering: I have my static spark gap blower motor situated about
> 18 inches below my primary, with the motors axis parallel to and just
> about congruent with the axis of the secondary.  During operation, why
> wouldn't the magnetic field created by the primary play havoc with the
> motor windings?
>
>         -  Bill Vanyo

Hi Bill...

I also run a motor not too far below my coil assembly.  the shaft runs
parallel to the
secondary too. On a previous setup,  had to "rig" a motor in the same
fashion... BUT... I had
an extension cord run to the motor. What I did "wrong" was I had looped the
cord into several
neat coils about 3 feet below the primary. Once I turned on the power to
the piggie, the motor
went POOFFF !!!  Im thinking that the field of the primary sent one heck of
a whallop of juice
thru the motor. Now I run straight, short lengths of wire to my auxillary
equipment. Havent had
any signs of the ooopsies yet...

Scot D