Re: ^^(my) First Light ^^

Original poster: "Matt S. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt777777-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><FutureT-at-aol-dot-com>

> > Any ideas on what happened that allowed my wildly firing safety gap to
> >  stop firing by cranking up the voltage more?
>
>When the main gap got hot, it was able to fire at a lower voltage,
>and this would tend to make it fire before the safety gap.  This could
>be part of the explanation maybe.

I didn't think of that, .. sounds reasonable to me.
if it continues after I try out some gap improvements, I'll re-post the
problem but it looks like that is the likely cause.

> >22 gage wiring from the cap to gap to primary and it worked? what tha?
>
>This shows that it's not as important to use thick wires as some
>folks think.  But you're surely getting some losses there.

It certainly is (now) a subject that I am interested in.  If there is any
info anywhere or anyone has run any comparisons on primary circuit wiring
size vs. performance I would be very interested.
Maybe when I gain a little confidence/experience I can delve into it myself.

Thanks a lot for your reply,
Matt.