RE: Sync RSG instability

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Hi John:

That's somewhat reassuring that I've not got some unique problem going
on with my SRSG.  But I've always been under the apparently false notion
that one can simply tweak the timing back and forth with abandon to find
the sweetest setting.  Too bad real circuits are not as well-behaved as
MicroSim models!  Knowing that the phase will suddenly go 90 degrees out
of whack if I advance it just beyond the sweet spot kind of puts a
damper on the desire to tweak. Guess I better get that safety gap set
right ;-)   I'm surprised this has not been more widely reported and
discussed.  I wonder if the degree of cap "LTR-ness" affects this?

Regards, Gary