Re: MMC

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Gbjsjg-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>I need a really good deal on MMC! I am trying to build a .1 40kv cap for
>under $150.
>
>-Max Joseph

Max,

That's one MONSTER cap!  Are you sure you didn't mean .01uF, 40kV?

The Geek Group can accommodate you, but not for that price.  Using our
smaller cap, 2kV, .1uF, you'd need a 20x20 array.  That's 400 caps at $1.80
each for a total of $720.  Using our larger cap, you'd need a 20x15 array,
or 300 caps at $2.25 each for a total of $675.

Our caps are tough little buggers, and so, do not need to be so
overdesigned.  Our MMC designed for use with 12kV NSTs is rated for only
18kV max.  We've punished it for over a a couple hours of runtime with no
problems.

Mark Broker (using Chris' email account)
G-5 Geek #10