Re: MMC

Hi Max,

Are you sure you need 40kV!!  MMCs do not have to be made to take higher
voltages like old homemade caps were.  Noramlly 20kV would be just fine and
cost 1/4 as much which would hit your cost target.  What is you peak or 1.4
x RMS voltage?  that is the voltage you should rate an MMC too.  Any higher
and your wasting money.  See also:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/GeekCaps/GeekCaps.htm
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/mmcinfo.htm

Cheers,