TC vibration losses

Hi All,

The subject of vibration and such has come up on Paul's list.  He was
wondering if vibration of the windings could be a source of loss in a TC.
I was wondering if anyone has ever noticed wear marks/patterns or such from
the vibrations in the windings as those high current pass through them.
Maybe something that would be more apparent on the really BIG systems...

I note that from my SS gap work (hopefully progress going faster now) that
you can hear the currents surging through the wires and such in an
otherwise dead silent system.

Just curious here...

Cheers,

	Terry