Help with antique plans

Original poster: "Cornew's by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dcornew-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Hello Tesla Coilers:

I have been lurking for a while, and am fascinated by the crowd.

Anyway, I have been away from Teslas for almost 30 years now.  Here is where
your help is required.

As a kid, I built a small coil from plans in a magazine sent to me by a
friend of my father's.  It was called "Cigar Box Tesla Coil".  I do not know
the name of the magazine as I have lost the plans...  But my mother found
the basic parts of the coil in her attic... Including the coils, components
and the still intact Type 10Y Vacuum tube triodes.  I'm interested in
rebuilding this coil in hardwood, but I no longer have any clue how to
string together the parts.

Would anybody present know where I could find these ancient plans?  BTW,  I
should mention that the plans were very old in 1974 when I built the coil.
Finding the tubes was a challenge then.  If I were to guess, I would
estimate the plans were probably from the 30's - 40's.

So far, my search of the library catalogue have come up dry.

Any clues?

I'll be back later to try to get your help to up the power on it a bit -
when the time comes.  In it's heyday, my little coil only could make 1"
streamers... Though it could light neon tubes at several feet - which of
course impressed the girls.

Somehow I think it could have done better if I had known how to tune it.
The windings were on a Quaker Oats can, and a carpet tube, so it is a small
coil.

Thanks in advance.

Dan