RE: Depotting a resin-filled tranny

Original poster: "Dr Brian H Le Page by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <B.H.Le-Page-at-surrey.ac.uk>

Hi

I had some success soaking an epoxy potted neon xfmr in dichloromethane
(methylene chloride).  The epoxy goes soft and can be scraped off exposing
un-softened epoxy to the liquid.  I did damage the secondaries by being too
eager.  The insulation on the windings did not appear to be damaged by the
dichloromethane.  Dichloromethane is a chemical that you need to be very
careful with.

Dr Brian H Le Page
Research Fellow
Composites Research Group
School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
University of Surrey
Guildford
Surrey
GU2 7XH