RE: 6 inch coil arc pics!

Original poster: "Brett Miller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <brmtesla-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Mark,

> Hi Brett!
>
> Looks great!

Thank you...I have a little bit of a webpage now.
More coming soon (or later).
www.hot-streamer-dot-com/brett/index.htm

> You must be single or have an
> understanding wife to allow you

Actually, my wife Staci helped me wind the secondary.
It took us about 1 hour and 45 minutes using a
makeshift jig I rigged up between two saw horses.

> What kind of static gap are you using for this coil?
>
> Mark Stolz
> G-2 #1049
> Houston, TX

Just a good ol' TCBOR a la Richard Quick text style.
6 gaps between 7 two inch sections of 1.5" dia cu
pipe.
I eyeballed the gaps rather than messing with a feeler
gauge (although I do have a gauge, I just found that
method too tedious, plus I wanted larger gaps) they
are about 1/8" per gap and I am running 5 gaps
currently with a 12/60 and .01uf capacitance (not
recommended....my NST is a ticking time bomb).  I
guess I'll have to jump on the bandwagon with Ted and
recommend the Metlicka.  It has all the precision of
an SRSG without the hastle of motor mods and moving
parts.
I'm building one for myself as soon as I pony up the
scratch.  thanks for your support!

-Brett Miller