Re: what's wrong with my coil?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You're right--it should be doing better with that much
input power. My first suspect is your ground system.
Have you tried a real outdoor ground rod? Even a 4
foot Radio Shack mini-rod would be preferable to your
foil plane. Second suspect is that TCBOR multi-gap.
Try a single static gap with some serious air blast or
else a hollow electrode (Gary Lau style) "sucker gap".
You can see examples of the sucker gap on Gary Lau's
site or my site.

Regards,

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg