Re: First coil

Original poster: "Bob Bozarth by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jbdetails-at-prodigy-dot-net>

I thought I'd mention this here mostly because I was so pleased with myself.
I used a windshield wiper motor to spin the form. I used a small pulley on
the form and I found a 6" pulley that I rigged to fit the motor (it wobbles,
but it turns so slow). The motor has 2 speeds which was nice when it came to
adding polyurethane. You wouldn't have to use a pulley on the form, you
could just put the belt (or whatever) on the form itself. I used a small
pulley on the form shaft to get the speed up due to impatience. I also built
a forward/reverse foot switch out of a gas/brake foot control from my pc
steering wheel. But, all you need is to be able to turn the motor on and
off.

Bob Bozarth
    Experimenter