HEI Coil vs standard

Original poster: "Michael Rhodes by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rhodes-at-fnrf.science.cmu.ac.th>

A quick question regarding the difference between a
HEI (High Energy Ignition Coil) and a standard automotive
ignition coil.  Of course I understand the HE part but is this
energy boost increased current output or increased voltage
output or both?  Is there any reason that I couldn't use a
conventional ignition coil in a TSG?  It seems to me that
only the voltage component is important and not the current
to trigger the gap.

Thanks

--Michael