Re: Triggered gap-LOUD

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Marc,

I don't think the rubber could be used for measuring how much
energy is dissipated in the gap. If we try to understand how
energy is loss in the gap we can see that some is in the heating
of the electrode some in the air from UV to IR, mostly IR, a
little bit in RF and sound wave. Some of us roughly estimated the
loss at 40 % but I think one point is of how the gap is design
John Freau also noted that if you have more inductance in the
primary for the same energy and frequency the loss were reduced.

Not sure but I think John Couture, Terry and some other find
practical way to measure how much energy is dissipated in a gap.

My theory for why the trigger gap is so loud: may be it's because
you have high conduction of the gap faster than in other gap
design creating a shock wave, but this is only a theory, some
could be able to verify it.....

Cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>