Re: Jacobs ladders (fwd)

Original poster: Tesla List Moderator <mod1-at-poodle.pupman-dot-com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 14:19:59 -0500
From: S.Gaeta <sgtporky-at-prodigy-dot-net>
To: Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Jacobs ladders

 > I don't think a Tesla Coil would work well as the high
> voltage for a Jacob's Ladder. Too easy for the high
> frequency high voltage to just make streamers across
> the electrodes that don't rise.
>
> Steve Greenfield

This may be possible to do but I think it will be difficult. I would like to
try someday because I noticed that when I held a ground rod at a certain
angle to the toroid of one of my small coils, I get a rising arc effect.

I believe the difficulty will be that you would need to round off the top of
the TC side electrode to prevent it from simply breaking out into the air.

I think it is a worthwhile useless endeaver that I will try out someday :-)

Sue