RE: [Geeklist] Triggered Spark Gap

Original poster: "Mike Veldman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vmike-at-email.ceat.okstate.edu>

>Now suppose an enclosed spark gap in a box, surrounded by an xenon
>flash-tube or similar source of light.

I have a high voltage research power supply built by Baird Atomics company,
built I think in the late 40's early 50's that uses exactly this
arrangement, only I'm not sure as to the tube.  There is a frequency
adjustable trigger circuit for the flashtube.  I've also seen this or a
similar type of arrangement used to fire the first gap in a large Marx type
multiplier used for acceleration.
mike
"I tried to contain myself, but I escaped"