Re: Triggered Spark Gap

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/12/01 7:12 AM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> Your best bet here might be a mercury vapor rectifier tube, but you might
dose
> yourself with x-rays during running.  Better have your lead Fruit of the
Looms
> on.
> Mike
>

>> I would very much appreciate knowing whether vacuum tubes can be pulsed -
>> maybe a pulsed supply to the x-ray tranny, would that work?
>>
>> Best Regards,
>>
>> Alan Williams

Allan;  Tubes were pulsed long before solid state was our way of life. Tubes
are higher resistance and will heat up, but for high voltage, tubes are
still the master. Ihave used 3kv SCR's at 4ooA, but above 3 kv tubes are
still the boss.As for "LEAD BVD's if we were conserned we wouldnt play with
a TC.
    Robert   H