Re: transformer theory q

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Pete,
  I am no guru, but I believe a certain amount of current is needed to
'energize' the core.  Now, to get the same magnetic flux, will require more
current if you reduce the number of turns.  That may not be bad, if the wire
can handle it, but if not, you would have to resort to wire with larger
diameter, which may defeat the purpose.
  I could be wrong, but I would do the math first.
Mike