Re: Wood mounts

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

You're not the only one. I've had bad luck with Tesla
coils when HV components are in direct contact with
wood. However, particle board and fiber board seem to
hold up much better. Anyhow, when using plywood or
ordinary lumber as Tesla coil components, I don't
allow HV stuff to touch the wood directly. Everything
is on insulated standoffs to prevent carbon tracking.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg