Re: capacitor PCB

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mbroker-at-thegeekgroup-dot-org>

Matt,

I am unfamiliar with that cap.

The general guidline:  If the equipment "looks older" and does not have a
sticker that says "PCB FREE", then one should assume it contains PCBs.

PCBs enter the body through the skin (particularly uncallused skin), or by
ingesting it (swallow, mainly).  If the cap is completely sealed and
without leaks, you are safe from
contamination.  You  may have severe difficulties getting rid of it,
though, when you are through with it.

Mark Broker
The Geek Group's Chief Engineer

Are YOU a member yet?

11-12-2001 10:18:09 PM, "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:

>Original poster: "Matt Skidmore by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <fox-at-woozle-dot-org>