Big N.O.S. flybacks available

Original poster: "Area31 Research Facility by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rwstephens-at-hurontario-dot-net>

All,

As a result of my vintage television restoration hobby I have a small inventory
(about ten) of N.O.S. 60's vintage replacement color TV flyback transformers
that are still in their original boxes.  These are the most desirable type for
use in circuits using the 555 timer and with either transistor or V-FET drive
circuits (like the super circuit recently announced by Justin Hays at
<http://www.hvguy-dot-com>www.hvguy-dot-com) since they have a large HV winding and
were
designed to produce the full 25 kVDC required by the picture tube without any
additional tripler module.  These are the best quality flybacks of this type
I've ever seen.  Their winding is encapsulated in a molded around silicone
rubber sheath, rather than the tarry wax employed by many of the OEM units. The
HV output terminal is a recessed plate cap connection designed for a 3A3
rectifier tube to slip into as part of the lid closing procedure of the HV cage
in the TV's where these were used. They were designed to be driven by a sweep
tube like a 6JE6. Part number of this component is FLY445.  There is plenty of
room on the core for adding your own custom primary and feedback windings.  A
picture of one may be viewed at
<http://www.area31-dot-org/FLY445-1.JPG>www.area31-dot-org/FLY445-1.JPG .

These are being offered for $25.00 each plus $5.00 (US funds) for S&H (sent by
mail, surface parcel) anywhere in North America.  Please contact me off-list if
interested.

Rob Stephens