Re: I going to be swimming in 833A's

Original poster: "Ron Hubbard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hubbard_ron-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: I going to be swimming in 833A's
>Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 12:29:06 -0700
>
>Original poster: "Mike Novak by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><acmnovak-at-msn-dot-com>
>
>Where else does one acquire 833a's other than a radio transmitter? Nobody
>ever talks about where they got all these magnificant tubes... I'm getting
>little bored with spark gap coils and I'd like to give this a try if I can
>find some reasonably priced tubes.
>Thanks,
>
>-Mike

Mike,

How do you define "reasonable?" There's a tube company called Thomas J.
Bruckner-- www.tubes4u-dot-com/  --that sells the 833A for $85 each which seems
to be-- to me at least-- the cheapest high power tube around. You might do
better finding them at Hamfests, if you can find a Hamfest in your locale.

Ron