Re: why do we use a list and not a newsgroup??

Original poster: "Mark Fergerson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mfergerson1-at-home-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "pjj by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jjenkins-at-satx.rr-dot-com>

> A news group would be easier to follow a thread would it not??

  Nah, just set your mail prog to follow threads. Netscape/Collabra does it
easily.

> The one that alread exist aren't used i checked and they have like 4
> postings of spam

  Check the post "Tube Coil Disaster". Name me a newsgroup wherein you can post
your cellphone number (much less your _home phone number_) without fear of it
being abused.

  Here we have no spam at all, no trolls, nothing but good people interested in
Tesla Coiling (OK, the occasional brief OT thread and even that's usually
related to coiling).

  Mark L. Fergerson