Re: Smooth toroid

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/18/01 8:56 PM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Brian by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <ka1bbg-at-webryders-dot-net>
>
> Hi, well i use a fan shroud for a toroid and it works quite well. i just
> used vinyl tape over seam where they were joined, removed the clips the fan
> mfg. used to hold the together. work quit well, once in a while it will burn
> a hole in the tape then it acts like a breakout point. I am going to tack
> them together with the "mig" welder someday. cul brian f.

When using your coil to generate a few 100'000 volts slight surface bumps
dont make much diff. If you get serious with a  Meg volt+ toy you will nead
to polish your toroid well.
   Robert   H