Re: Wireless Research

[how close to edge of charter are we....?]

Tesla list wrote:

<Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

> In a message dated 11/19/01 11:59:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> writes:

> > Greetings,

> > I'm currently an undergraduate double majoring in
> > Physics and Logic, with a minor in engineering.  I've
> > been building Tesla coils for many years, and I've
> > decided to do a research project with them.  I've
> > always thought Tesla's idea of transmitting
> > electricity without transmission wires was a sound
> > idea.  None of my Prof. have shown me any experiments
> > or theories which say it can't be done.

	Of course it can be done.

	I suggest that there are good sound reasons why it
	cannot be done BETTER than alternatives.

>>  I've permission to proceed, but how much funding I get will
> > depend on how good of a case I can make for my project

> Hi Jeremy,
> I would strongly recommend that you read carefully Tesla's
> Patents No. 645,576, No. 649621,  No. 787412, and especially
> No. 1119732. The earlier ones deal with his ideas for
> transmitting energy directly through the upper atmosphere,
> and the latter for the transmission of energy directly through
> the earth.

> Contrary to popular myths and misunderstandings, Tesla never
> intended to transmit energy by radio (electromagnetic,
> a.k.a. Hertzian) waves, although he did develop several devices
> for signaling via these waves. The Wardenclyffe tower was Not
> a radio tower.

	It seems to depend on when Tesla was speaking (writing....)
	in later years he said it was all 'radio'.
	(cf the autobigraphy currently available from, eg Barnes &
	Noble.

	best
	dwp