Re: pfc

Hi Eric,

PFC caps significantly reduce the current drawn from the AC line.  They
also help performance slightly since the AC voltage is a tiny bit higher
(less line drop).  They are not needed at all unless you need to reduce the
current to keep from blowing breakers or are going through a lower current
variac.  My PFC cap on my big coil reduced the current from 16 amps to
about 9 so the current reduction is significant.

Cheers,

	Terry