RE: Sensitive Equipment

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

The exact mechanism(s) behind equipment disruption and damage is an area
that has seen almost no study beyond armchair speculation.  My own
speculation is that the simple distance between  a piece of equipment
and a coil isn't nearly as important as how well the coil is grounded. I
believe that it is voltage spikes between the 3rd wire ground and
Hot/Neutral AC lines that transmit the disruptions.  But regardless, I
ALWAYS unplug (not just switch off) my PC and everything connected to
it.

BTW, a .02uF cap is probably about twice as large as one should use with
a 15/30 NST.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

>Original poster: "Erik Kettenburg by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" ><missyrat-at-pacbell-dot-net>