Re: My variac bites =0

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <CTCDW-at-aol-dot-com>

Jason,

I had the same problem. I also thought that maybe the ground in my power
control was the problem. All was indeed ok. I would be surprised if you had
major problems with your coil's ground, if it is as you described, and if it is
into decent (i.e. somewhat damp earth) This is all provided you are not running
a huge monster coil, which often have more demanding grounding needs. I too
have found that the operator (you) can act as an antenna, picking up some
current from the air. This then gives a nice little RF burn when you touch your
grounded variac...My solution was simple. I don't lean on the metal cabinet
anymore :)

Hope this helps.

Chris W