RE: Bart's Coil (was How many STSG's in service?)

Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Bart's coil is a beauty and it appears to follow the outputs of the JHCTES
Ver 3.3 very well.  Click on

      http://home.att-dot-net/~couturejh/

Enter for the 4 Primary inputs - Spiral
  .042 - 11 - 0 - 11
Enter for the 5 Secondary inputs
  4.25 - 1721 - 42.73 - 28

The outputs will be for the oper freq = 68.9 and the pri turns = 14.8 equal
to Bart's coil specs.

The output for the K factor = .157 assumes the sec and pri bottom turns are
at the same level. This appears to be a little high.

With the mutual inductance test and 2.653 amps in the primary the voltage
across the secondary coil will be about 617 millivolts (the mutual
inductance). With the secondary 4 inches above the primary the voltage would
be 395 mv (mutual inductance) and K= .101

Bart - I would be interested in the results if you ever make these test.

John Couture