Re: Heatsinks?

Original poster: "R Heidlebaugh by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rheidlebaugh-at-zialink-dot-com>

on 11/26/01 8:17 AM, Tesla list at tesla-at-pupman-dot-com wrote:

> Original poster: "Erik Kettenburg by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
> <missyrat-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
> Hi,
> I was trying to come up with a way to cool a staionary spark gap like
this one
> <http://www.members.tripod-dot-com/bryishere/58926d30.jpg>http://www.members.tr
> ipod-dot-com/bryishere/58926d30.jpg
> and I was wondering if mounting heat sinks on the ends of the bolts on either
> side would work
> any thoughts?
> any other simple ideas
> note: i'm trying to avoid using anything that needs power
> -Erik

If the diameter of your spark gap electrode is large enough heat can be
cunducted to a heat sink. Some people even use copper pipe filled with water
as a heat sink, but i think that is excessive.
   Robert  H